Selecting one of these links will direct you to the Office of the Controller's list of forms. Be sure to
bookmark it for future reference.
All Payroll Forms
Table of Contents
Employee Self Service (ESS) offers a single, secure source for individuals to manage their personal information.
Employee Self Service contains links that allow employees to:
- Manage their direct deposit account information
- Update their W-4 tax data, such as marital status, withholding allowances, school district and city of residence
- View and print their paystubs online
- Access their W-2 online
- Update their addresses, phone numbers, and emergency contacts
- Enroll in and manage their benefits elections
- Manage eTime and eLeave
- View and apply for open positions at jobs.osu.edu
ESS Quick Links
PLEASE NOTE: If you receive an error message AFTER you have logged on to ESS, this could be a computer compatibility issue. Please follow the instructions at:
You can also try another browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Other useful links:
(Support Browser info)
www.ocio.osu.edu/KB02530# (Computer Configuration)
If you are still experiencing error messages, please contact 688-HELP for additional assistance.
Accessing Employee Self Service
To access Employee Self Service (ESS):
- Click on the appropriate Employee Self Service link below:
- Employee Self Service (for general use; not screen reader accessible)
- Employee Self Service (for screen reader users only)
Note: Medical Center employees should access ESS through OneSource with their Medical Center username and password.
Log in securely with your Ohio State username (lastname.#) and password.
If you haven't activated your email, or you do not know or forgot your username or password, go to my.osu.edu for assistance.
Former employees: Employee Self Service will not be accessible to you if you terminated employment more than 60 days ago.